Wednesday, August 29, 2012

MUST BLURT: I'M ENGAGED!



Sorry I just couldn't contain myself any longer. I was planning on sneaking this information very casually into our vacation pictures (coming soon, promise!), you know like it's no big deal, but to hell with that. I'm ENGAGED! YES me with a fiance soon to be husband. Wow, that sentence was a wake up call that I am not 16 years old any more. But that's okay, the proposal was perfect. How could I ever think to say no, when he really nailed it. It was right up my alley and oh so beautiful.
First let me just start out by saying I was NEVER EVER one of those little girls dreaming of her big white wedding day. I was quite the opposite to say the least. I would have been fine never getting married. I was always worried about having to make sacrifices and in constant fear that even just having a significant other would just bring you down from your dreams and life goals. That is until I had Roman and I realized how important and amazing it is to feel like a family. But I never really vocalized this change in mentality to Sal or to anyone. So even after seven years together and a beautiful baby boy; Sal was petrified and I was completely surprised, stunned even by his proposal. But as he was proposing I realized all my fears and negative thoughts just flew out out of my mind and into the clouds. I realized I have been with him for SEVEN years, and never did he stop me from what I wanted to do, in fact if anything he pushed me towards all my goals. Even now being young with a child, he still does his best to help me fulfill all my hopes and dreams. Just this whole trip to Italy, was a way for him to show me that we can still see the world, just like I've always dreamt of doing.
With being stunned and all that thinking going on, I can't even remember everything he said when he proposed to me. All I know is when he got on his knee on the top of those steps next to that beautiful church on hill and asked me to marry him; I blurted out YES! and began crying. I then realized how much he really knew me to make such a perfect proposal, not for anyone but for me. Not only have we been boyfriend and girlfriend for seven years, since the age of 18, and with all the drama that can come with that most of all we have been inseparable best friends and now are parents. Next is just becoming husband and wife and celebrating our love with everyone else we love.
I'm getting married!
P.S. Did I mention how he got me a conflict free diamond ring? Damn he knows me real good.xoxo



*these photos were taken in Tropea, Italy. More pictures from our trip coming soon. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment