Thursday, July 5, 2012

IT WAS THE 4TH OF JULY



Hope everyone had a great time!
We ended up doing a mini BBQ with just Roman, myself, and my parents over at their house. Sal worked all day and the sister was out of town. I watched the Twilight Zone marathon, it's become my own little tradition (anyone else do that?). My mom made her own version of a mango margarita on a whim for yours truly. It came out yum! Played with Roman outside with the sprinklers and his baby pool. My dad seems to be the only one who can keep up with this tot's energy nowadays. So they spent some quality time while my mother and I gossiped and eventually I retired to my ex-bedroom (now Roman's play room) for a little needed nap. Roman fell asleep on the car ride home. Then I heard the fireworks go off. I never miss fireworks. This year was the first time not being able to really see them. Last year our neighbors went crazy on the streets. I felt that I had to see something, so I made myself some mango green tea and headed to the backyard and watched about three of them go up in the air. Just making sure to keep up with the tradition. This year was relaxed and simple. Hopefully next year we can get the whole gang together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment