Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A DAY FOR PAPA

Happy Papa Day to this guy. It's his second year celebrating being the best newbie pops around. I still remember when I was pregnant during Father's Day, he wanted to celebrate it. Then he decided that his first one should be with his son not in my belly. I took them to a yogurt shop, since both Sal and Roman have never been. It was funny because I was watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians (guilty pleasure, don't judge) and they went to a yogurt shop and Sal says, "Look how cool that yogurt shop is." And I'm thinking that's what they all look like. It was then I realized he had never been to one. It was super hot out so the yogurt was perfect. We got little sample cups and went crazy trying everything, trying to create the perfect combo. We had Roman try some, he tends to be so hesitant when tasting something new. The first bite he hates everything, but soon enough he was whining the entire ride home for me to give him some of mine. I went all fruity with loads of dinosaur sprinkles, thinking of how Roman will appreciate them in a few years time. Since Father's Day we have gone twice. We are official fro-yo addicts.
Sal definitely deserves the appreciation. He works so hard for us and has put back school so I can finish up my degree and have more time with our son. He comes home every day for lunch just so he can have that extra 45 minutes with us a day. The love this man has for his son is indescribable and their bond since day one is one of the most loving and pure things I have witnessed. We love you Sal.



No comments:

Post a Comment