Saturday, June 30, 2012

CURRENTLY


LOVING: That I decided not to go to summer school. Yes, I am going to have a heavy load next fall, but I am really grateful for having all this time to spend with Roman. I get to play stay at home mommy for the entire summer. It's been fun but also very challenging. I didn't realize how much "me time" school gave me. To soley be able to have all of your focus on one subject/task at a time is something that never occurs in our house unless the little man is down for a nap. I could seriously punch my 17 year old self for thinking that I never had enough time for homework, because "I had a life" and "...things to do." I thought I would have the whole house under control this summer. Boy was I wrong. I still have to choose between having a blast with Roman or getting the laundry finished or maybe even washing the dishes. Laundry seems to never win me over. My little guy has truly become my ultimate companion. He is there by my side at all times. It will be tough for me to have that separation again once school comes along. For now, I am loving the ability to give my little mister my full attention and a fun packed summer.
READING: 50 Shades Darker, of course. I haven't been able to read it as quickly as I did the first one, so I am still in the beginning of the book. This trilogy just gives me mixed feelings. I don't think it is well written but I am completely enthralled with the story line, not to mention Christian Grey himself. He is such a great character. I know so many of you are reading it too. Don't be shy! Let me know what you think.
WATCHING: We'll today I went to go watch Magic Mike with my mother and my aunt. It was horrible! How hard is it to make a funny/ entertaining male stripper movie? Geez. I wasn't expecting Oscar performances, but the stripping, acting, and story line all failed in my book. But, thanks to Netflix I have been OBSESSED with Desperate Housewives. I watch at least two episodes a day. So good!
ANTICIPATING: I've mentioned it several times on the blog, but I am definitely anticipating our trip to Italia! It's becoming more and more real and there is no more time to fantasize about it. It's all about check lists and being prepared. The flight with Roman has got my nerves in a bundle, but we are in desperate need of some new scenery.
LISTENING TO: I've been going back to my high school days and have fallen in love with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs all over again! Karen O is just to awesome.
PLANNING: Our 4th of July activities. So far it seems like a BBQ at my parents' casa. Unfortunately, Sal has work. I've been on pinterest mode trying to find some cute and creative recipes for the occasion. I think Roman and I will cheese it and dress up in red, white, and blue. We'll see.
WORKING ON: This blog makeover. You likey? I did it all myself and I am patting myself on the back for learning all this html/css coding. It can be so tricky. I've been bringing my camera everywhere I go. Plus, I have a few things up my sleeve for this month. Excited.
WISHING: People on my street didn't jump the gun on the independence day celebrations. Fireworks and a sleeping baby don't mix.

Got this lovely idea from SometimesSweet Blog. Check it out.

3 comments:

  1. Hiya-I'm looking around from Sometimes Sweet :)

    I love Italy. I took a trip with some girlfriends a few years back to Florence and am still blown away. So beautiful. Good luck with the planning.

    I also did a currently
    http://checiarastakeonlife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey CheCiara!
    This will be my first time to Italy and I couldn't be more stoked. My bf is from a small town in southern Italy, so we will stay there and hopefully venture off maybe even to Florence! =) You just got me that much more excited. Thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photo!! I did a "Currently" post as well, if you want to check it out :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete