Sunday, May 27, 2012

BIRTHDAY TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO

On Thursday we went on a little lunch trip to San Francisco for my birthday. We had to celebrate a little early since Sal has a crazy work schedule this week. I hadn't been there in well over a year. Oh did I miss it so. I almost had forgotten how much I loved it. The idea was to go to the zoo, but once we got there we really just wanted to have some lunch and walk around the city. We weren't very tourist-y this trip. We just pretended to be a San Franciscan family for the day. Which is a far stretch from where we live, and its only about an hour and fifteen minutes away. I would love to raise Roman in such a diverse atmosphere with everything at your fingertips, but then I get into my Gemini-self and think about how fun it would be to live on a small farm, growing everything ourselves with animals everywhere. It's a toss up and that's why as of now we are in between both; the suburbs. 
This was Roman's first trip and he was awesome. I think he enjoys people watching just as much as his mama. First we went to get some burritos at Tlaloc in the financial district and it was amazing! It's organic and they have their own farm, as well as specialize in low carb burritos. Sal did good. We got the food to go and ate at a nearby park where Sal used to have lunch when he worked there. While walking back to the car we stopped at Specialty's Cafe & Bakery for a chocolate cheese danish. All we have to say is yum. Then we went to the pier where local artist were selling anything from jewelry to paintings and pipes.  But that became more of a mission to find a restroom, thank goodness for Starbucks is all I gotta say. Then we spent the rest of the day shopping for our trip to Italy. It was perfect. A great birthday gift. I always prefer a trip or adventure over anything you can buy. We promised ourselves to visit more often. See you soon San Francisco. 
*bucket list: after all these years of living in the bay area I rode on a cable cart in SF for the first time. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment